Copa-Cogeca, the leading EU organisation representing European farmers and agri-cooperatives, is looking for bright, well-organised, and self-motivated Policy Advisor to join our General Affairs team.
The Policy Assistant is a member of the General Affairs team whose primary duties are to provide administrative support to the Policy team. The Policy Assistant will manage a variety of administrative tasks as well as contribute to the policy work within a highly collaborative team. As a General Affairs-team member, this position has a strategic role, as the organisation of internal and external meetings and the good flow of communication between the Secretariat and member organisations is pivotal to the day-to-day functioning of our organisation. This position will require superior attention to detail, great organisation, and prioritisation skills, as well as the ability to plan ahead and meet tight deadlines. As Copa and Cogeca are involved in EU public affairs, a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as professionalism in dealing with high-level politicians and stakeholders is of vital importance. The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and a good understanding of French. He/she is expected to think independently, react with the appropriate urgency to situations that require a timely response, while maintaining the confidence to ask for guidance when necessary.
- Scheduling meetings across time zones and management of different meetings (Working Parties, Civil Dialogue groups, events) for the General Affairs team
- Policy and data research
- Attending meetings and supporting the General Affairs team when necessary
- Managing the preparation and translations of key internal and external documents in close collaboration with the Copa-Cogeca Interpretation/Translation team
- Responding to various written or telephone enquiries for the Secretariat, as well as operational aspects related to the welcoming of external visitors
- A Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience as Policy Assistant
- Experience with organisation of meetings and public events
- Experience with international organisation
- Experience with Microsoft Office/Microsoft Teams (or related collaborative products)/workflow software
- Written and spoken English fluency and a good commend of French
- Experience with working with government and/or policy stakeholders preferably at EU level
- Excellent organisation, planning, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle administrative details independently while keeping team members informed
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational/communication skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships and earn trust
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- A CDI
- Additional benefits including meal vouchers, reimbursement of local transportation costs, and sports.
- A CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter (maximum 1 page) should be sent in EN or FR by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Applications are open until 26.05.2023. If you do not receive news from us by 15 June, please assume that you have not been selected.