to the Secretary General
We are looking for a bright, well organized, and self motivated Assistant to join our team.
As Assistant to the Secretary General, your primary duties are to provide administrative support to the Secretary General.
This position will require superior attention to detail, great organisation and prioritization skills, as well as the ability to plan ahead and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of care and diplomacy. As Copa and Cogeca are involved in EU public affairs, a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as professionalism in dealing with high level politicians and stakeholders is of vital importance.
The successful candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and a good understanding of French and possess the ability to not only comple te complex tasks but the willingness to innovate and propose new working methods to streamline processes and improve efficiency. Furthermore, we are looking for a candidate with strong experience with office productivity ssoftware such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
He/she is expected to think independently, react with the appropriate urgency to situations that require a timely response, while maintaining the confidence to ask for guidance when necessary.
Finally, we are looking for a candidate who shows the same level of commitment to all kinds of tasks from the most technical to the most operational ones.
- Scheduling meetings across time zones and management of the calendars of the Secretary General and his team;
- Organize and coordinate meetings including documents, booking and arranging all organizational aspects;
- Preparing the agenda and member-facing communication for statutory meetings;
- Assisting the General Secretariat Team in drafting the minutes for relevant meetings;
- Managing the preparation of key internal and external documents, and the translations thereof, in close collaboration with the Copa-Cogeca Translation Team;
- Responding to various written or telephone enquiries for the Secretariat, as well as operational aspects related to the welcoming of external visitors;
- Preparing the agenda for weekly director meetings;
- Identifying ways to improve team efficiency and performance;
- Editing internal documents as well as updating information on the Copa-Cogeca Intranet.
- Relevant experience as Executive or Personal Assistant;
- Experience with executive-level calendar management;
- Experience with international organisations;
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (Word, Powerpoint, Teams and related collaborative products)/workflow software;
- Written and spoken fluency in English (C1 or higher) and a good command of French (B2 or higher);
- Experience with working with government and/or policy stakeholders preferably at EU level;
- Excellent organization, planning, time management and problem solving skills;
- Ability to handle administrative details independently while keeping team members informed;
- Strong organizational/communication skills;
- Ability to build effective working relationships and earn trust;
- Fluency in additional European languages;
- A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Additional benefits include group insurance, meal vouchers and reimbursement of local transportation costs.